Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating enclosure for electronic appliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

treviko

I'm going to create electronic enclosure for custom project, two small PCBs mounted in one case. Design for 3D Printing.
Large PCB have 4 mounting holes, small PCB 2 holes. I'm not sure how to properly to attach PCBs inside enclosure. Should these holes be used to screw the PCB to bottom base with self-tapping screws, or for positioning the PCB using round pins something like this? Tne PCBs are thin (1.3mm), and I'm worried that the PCB does not bend when use self-tapping screws. Another point is, how to attach together top and bottom parts of enclosure?

I use threaded stand-offs with suitable screws on top and bottom end of the stand offs.
You can also get plastic clip-ins that have no threads.
Max.

I'm going to create electronic enclosure for custom project, two small PCBs mounted in one case. Design for 3D Printing.
Large PCB have 4 mounting holes, small PCB 2 holes. I'm not sure how to properly to attach PCBs inside enclosure. Should these holes be used to screw the PCB to bottom base with self-tapping screws, or for positioning the PCB using round pins something like this? Tne PCBs are thin (1.3mm), and I'm worried that the PCB does not bend when use self-tapping screws. Another point is, how to attach together top and bottom parts of enclosure?

hi

Take a look at the enclosures offered from Hammond. Some of them already have mounting standoffs for a PCB and are low cost. It’s best, however, to take the enclosure form factor into account before designing the PCB.

eT

This kinda thing:
**broken link removed**

If you are 3D printing, use the advantages of 3D printing...

Use captive nuts. Super easy - I highly recommend.

Take a look at the enclosures offered from Hammond. Some of them already have mounting standoffs for a PCB and are low cost. It’s best, however, to take the enclosure form factor into account before designing the PCB.
Good assortment. But in my case I have to use custom made enclosure,as I have pre-made PCB (mount two PCBs in one enclosure).

It should not be hard to use this box as a starting place. Make it bigger. Put a screw in every corner. Add standoffs to match your two boards.
1580948840837.png

Here is a idea. Put one board in the box and the other on the lid.
1580949153717.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back