Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPU replacement fan & cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honduras - When I remove the case cover my temperature does go down a lot.

Ron - I have not done the calculation on the 2N3906 as yet but will. Thanks for the instruction.

Since I have not been overwhelmed with suggestions for good super quiet case fans, I have been trying to find one by reading peoples reviews on website of computer hardware vendors and am more confused now than before.

In the process I ran into this review that looks promising:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/aerocool-dead-silent-case-fans,26694.html

However, in this case I need 80mm ones.

The next link talks about different types of cooling methods which I found informative.

https://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1977226/hot-cpu-lower-temps.html

In any event, I still have no direction as to which case fans to consider purchasing. so, I went looking in my bone yard of computer parts and have come up with the following types. Here is the results of my very unscientific study.

This fan was the best moving a lot of air and acceptably quiet.

Fan-1-small.jpg

This fan was second best, moved less air, and not quiet enough.

Fan-2-small.jpg

The next three in order are not very good with the last being the worst by far.
When it ramps up it makes a racket.
The last is also the one that came with what I think is the Master Cooler brand and was on the cpu.
Until I get the new Intel one I ordered, I have replaced it with a Thermaltake fan (not shown) which is super quiet but does not seem to move much air and is not helping much to lower the temperature.

Fan-3-small.jpg

Fan-4-small.jpg

Fan-5-small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back