Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPLD to emulate 784HC logic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgudgel

I am having a tough time finding a CPLD type device that will actually emulate and replace some standard 74HC parts. The Altera and Xilinx parts, AFAIK, do not have the combination of... 5 Volt output drive (for some LEDs) along with Schmitt trigger (74HC14) capability. And it needs to cost around 1 dollar or so.

Now, ~maybe~ a PSoC... possibly. The 74HC14 portion would be to replace an R-C-D 200nanosecond to 400 nanosecond delay. I believe that CPLD propagation delays are too short to emulate that otherwise but ideas are generously accepted.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
boB

Well, now I am thinking that since I already have a 50 MHz clock available, I can just use that to clock my delay, which would be nice to have a resolution of 50 nanoseconds. No problem with that speed, or 50 MHz /2 = 25 MHz =
40 nanoseconds. Perfect ! I just need to decide between a Xilinx or Lattice or Altera I guess.

Please, any input is appreciated on which way to swing (and hopefully reasons why)

Thanks,
boB

OK, one more time...

How many CPLD type devices are out there that operate at 5 Volts ???

I see Xilinx and Cypress PSoC as the only ones these days.

Are there any more I am missing ??

boB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back