Countdown Timer with Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvolution

Hi all
I have just stumbled upon your forum and I have had a serch around for what im after but I keep finding things that are well over my head!!

Bascially I play a game called "Airsoft", which is similar to paintball, but it is played with realistic immatition guns and its about 1000 times more tactical than paintball. And its bascially a military similution.

What we need for extra game types rather than our usual "Find the enemy and take the base" games is a type of briefcase bomb that sets off a loud siren when the timer ends.

I have had a play around and made something with a car turbo timer and a few relays to a car alarm siren.

It worked really well last week but now the place where we play wants me to build a better one.

So what I need is a countdown timer that has a display on it for the time remaining, a keypad to enter in a time, and maybe some type of system that allows us to maybe enter in a code to unlock the device to automatically start the timer, so that a code has to be found to start the timer. And of course, when the timer hits the end of a countdown, it sets of a siren?

As I am pretty much dumb to building circuts, is there anything out there that can already do this sort of thing or is someone on here willing to build a circut for us and of course we would be willing to pay you for your time.
Thanks in advance to reading my rammblings!!

This is begging for a PIC. See the micro-controller forum on this web site.

Dude - I love airsoft! I must ask what guns you have? Me and my friends play all the time

And this is totally begging for a micro-controller. It's basically a tiny computer-on-a-chip. You program to do what you want. In your case, you would have it count down from a certain time, while showing that on the display.

Here's a display your probably thinking of:

**broken link removed**

It would also connect to a keypad so it can get the time from you, and the code to stop/start timer.

**broken link removed**

And of course, you need a siren! This could be in the form of a buzzer, or a serious alarm siren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…