Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correct resistor for a circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tony... the OP problem has moved on is not about leds or resistors now its about how to get a Z80 to read 65,000 NOP's !

so does that mean LED duty cycle is as low as I thought or do MSB address lines toggle?

As far as I can see the 16 address bits are stuck .. possibly all at 1's ...

As far as I can see the 16 address bits are stuck .. possibly all at 1's ...

Yes, this is exactly the problem.

All address lines are set to 1 after a few clock cycles have passed, and remain at 1 indefinitely. There is no counting so the CPU does not increase the program counter.

Still here ... I have the Z80 pensioner :) under PIC control, signals more or less as DS ... the Reset ( PIC generated) shows how first instruction fetch is achieved ,(M1 & Read ) the wait (PIC generated ) allows control over memory access. just in the process of designing a better control circuit... ( Bus Pirate is ace )
Z80 clock at +- 20khz

HE if your reset switch bounced during or after zero state , or not low for the 3 clocks , then Z80 = unknown state ?

Z80_START.jpg

Still here ... I have the Z80 pensioner :) under PIC control, signals more or less as DS ... the Reset ( PIC generated) shows how first instruction fetch is achieved ,(M1 & Read ) the wait (PIC generated ) allows control over memory access. just in the process of designing a better control circuit... ( Bus Pirate is ace )
Z80 clock at +- 20khz

HE if your reset switch bounced during or after zero state , or not low for the 3 clocks , then Z80 = unknown state ?

View attachment 100071

What is zero state? The state the CPU enters when RESET is held low?

I think I should start a new thread for this problem, since it has moved away a lot from the original question the thread states.

HE , Agree , new thread. you did get over 1000 views here ... I expect not a great interest in Z80 now, re problem perhaps a faulty connection on the bread board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back