Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correct Hybrid Pi model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouadalnoor

Hey guys, in trying to answer this question, did I draw the correct Hybrid Pi equivalent circuit? (look at attached images)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    42.7 KB · Views: 277
  • circuit.PNG
    circuit.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 274
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 282
No,
That capacitor in the Emitter acts like a short when you put an AC signal therefore there shouldn't be a resistor at the emitter (Re) when you draw the Hybrid pi model.

Otherwise everything looks good

No,
That capacitor in the Emitter acts like a short when you put an AC signal therefore there shouldn't be a resistor at the emitter (Re) when you draw the Hybrid pi model.

Otherwise everything looks good

Ah, but in the question it says Ce cannot be neglected while Cc can be considered a short circuit

Hey guys, in trying to answer this question, did I draw the correct Hybrid Pi equivalent circuit? (look at attached images)

I must confess, it is not very easy to read your drawing - nevertheless, I incline to see an error: The diagram does not consider the fact that the input impedance is increased by Ze*(1+hfe).
That means: The feedback effect is not included.
Thus. remove the lower part (parallel combination) amd replace the input resistor rfe by the expression [rfe+Ze*(1+hfe)].
With Ze=emitter impedance (R||Xc) and hfe=forward current gain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back