Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copy Programmable Logic Array chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi guys,

we are looking for companies who can copy the contents and clone chips as PALC22V10, do you know any of that? Thank you.

Sounds like you want to rip off someone else's IP.
Or, he wants to maintain some old equipment which has long since been abandoned by its original manufacturer who may no longer be in business.

Sorry but I cannot help with the copying process.
I have copied PALs in the past, but that was about 30 years ago.

JimB

If the protection fuse is not set, anyone with a PAL programmer should be able to duplicate them.

If it is set - no one can, it would have to be recreated from scratch.

Or, he wants to maintain some old equipment which has long since been abandoned by its original manufacturer who may no longer be in business.

Correct.

If the protection fuse is not set, anyone with a PAL programmer should be able to duplicate them.

If it is set - no one can, it would have to be recreated from scratch.

We found a company in China, but looking for more options.

I'd suggest you get one of these, or similar:
**broken link removed**

They seem to have good online support from enthusiasts, eg.

If the GAL is readable, you can just copy it and produce as many as you like.
If it's locked, then you need to recreate the logic file from scratch, but you can then program your own devices.

(We still use an ALL-11 P3 universal programmer from HiLo Systems, it's around 20 years old now but still works OK.).

Sounds like you want to rip off someone else's IP.
I would say, use, not rip off. His answer will be way more costly than a replacement part that he would happily buy of it were available commercially. Some courts even consider lawsuits about IP in obsolete parts to be frivolous if replacement parts are not made available until the end of a reasonable lifetime of the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back