Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting three RCA wires; home theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkess

Can you merge the negative wires on RCA cables that will connect a stereo preamp and a stereo amplifier? I want to place components in two different parts of the house and connect them through three RCA cables that were preinstalled in the house that exit in either location. I will need to connect the equivalent of two components, one from point A, where I will have a receiver, to an amp in point B, and one from the receiver in point A to another amp in point B. The problem is that, I have only three RCA cables installed within the framing of the house, not four, as I would ordinarily need. I figure, if I can share negative wires in both directions then I should be able to modify the RCA cables to do this, but otherwise I'm stuck.

If I understand, you want to send two different stereo signals down three RCA coax cables so that each amp can play a different source?

If so that means you would need to send a signal down one of the shield connections, and that probably won't work. You could try, but you will likely get significant hum.

EDIT: If you need a second audio path you might use a wireless connection such as one of these **broken link removed**.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back