Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting oil cooled welding machine to generate ac 220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me that I can use an oli cooled welding machine to generate ac power using batteries and solar panels

Someone told me that I can use an oli cooled welding machine to generate ac power using batteries and solar panels
The why don't you ask the person that told you this?

JimB

Welcome to ETO!
Depending on the welder design you might, in principle, be able to use it as the basis of a DC-to-AC inverter. Such a project is not for the faint-hearted. There are numerous threads about problems people experience when trying to make inverters.

Ohh okay Thanks for the information
How do I convert it to be an inverter
Do I use one of the Amp output as DC input

The only oil filled welders I have seen have just been transformers with some means of stabilising the current. (Magnetic shunts or added inductance.) There is a remote possibility that an inverter welder could be converted to convert DC to AC but I think it would be more expensive than buying an inverter. The fact that you think you can use a transformer with DC indicates that your electrical knowledge is far too limited to even consider designing the modifications to an inverter welder.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back