Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting motorized treadmill to a manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhayes

Is there anyway to convert a motorized treadmill to a manual? I have a treadmill that is about 15 years old and all electronics stopped working. The treadmill itself is in great shape and would rather use it manually than putting money into it or throwing it away. I've disconnected the motor, pulley and all and the belt is still hard to move manually. TIA!

Usually it is fairly simple to use the TM motor controller manually, if controlled by a analogue input it just requires a 5k pot.
If, as in some later versions, the input signal was 20Hz PWM and requires a suitable circuit, some have built them from a 555 circuit.
I have done it with a 8 pin Picmicro 12f series.
Post a pic of the motor board or any part numbers.
If the board is shot, then you either need to repair it or use one of the after market made by KB drives etc.
Max.

Is there anyway to convert a motorized treadmill to a manual? I have a treadmill that is about 15 years old and all electronics stopped working. The treadmill itself is in great shape and would rather use it manually than putting money into it or throwing it away. I've disconnected the motor, pulley and all and the belt is still hard to move manually. TIA!

Do you mean that you want to run/walk on it when it is essentially unplugged.

If so, you'll need to cut one wire on each motor. This is because motors act as generators when you try to spin them. If both motor leads are connected (to each other or to ground) the motor is very difficult to spin. Once one wire is clipped, there is no complete circuit and the motor will spin freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back