Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting HEX file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Hi all,

I got the hex file of a program developed for PIC12F675. I somehow what to reverse engineer it and to generate the code written in it.

Need the idea how to start with.

Hi all,

I got the hex file of a program developed for PIC12F675. I somehow what to reverse engineer it and to generate the code written in it.

Download WinPICPro and use that to disassemble the hex file.

I tried, but here i am only able to view the opcode.

If i want to view the mnemonics or can anybody pass on me the opcode and mnemonics of this microcontroller?

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 423
Here is a program that will produce a .asm from a .hex for 12 bit 14 bit and 16 bit PIC chips

Attachments

• Mikado3.3.3e.zip
    248.1 KB · Views: 514
Hi all,

hi,
I see that you have done it using a disasm prog.OK.:)

If you post your hex file I will show how to use WinPICPro.

Actually the forum was not allowing to upload the .hex file . so i posted the txt file.

Here is the original file zipped.

Attachments

• PIC_program.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 242
Actually the forum was not allowing to upload the .hex file . so i posted the txt file.

Here is the original file zipped.

him
I had guessed that, so I did change the extension from txt to hex...:)

Have you manged to disassemble the INTEL hex file using the Mikado.???

extract from you hex file prommer file.
Code:
3A 30 31 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 35 46 41 0D 0A 3A 30 31 30 30 30 31 30 30 32 38 44 36 0D 0A 3A 30 31 30 30 30 32 30 30 46 46 46 45 0D 0A 3A 30 31 30 30 30 33 30 30 33 46 42 44 0D 0A

That file doesn't appear to be a correct MicroChip HEX file, it makes no sense when you load it (or even if you just look at it).

BTW, MPLAB disassembles as well, but not this non-functional file.

That file doesn't appear to be a correct MicroChip HEX file, it makes no sense when you load it (or even if you just look at it).

BTW, MPLAB disassembles as well, but not this non-functional file.

I have come to the same conclusion.:)

Last edited:
Have you manged to disassemble the INTEL hex file using the Mikado.???

I disassemble the code using the mikada. I can see the mnemonics their doing all the things like moving the values, starting timmer etc.

BTW, i am in process to understand the code written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back