Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting a low volt tacho signal to a 12 volt signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundyloves

hi there everyone, im new to this forum and i need your help please.
im fitting an aftermarket tacho to a yamaha R1 motorcycle. the tacho that im fitting needs to be triggered by a 12 volt square wave signal. the bikes ecu
only emits 1 volt square wave signal. how do i convert this to a 12volt signal? im thinking that a comparator type circut using a LM393 might work?
if this is the correct type of circut i need help with the layout as im not all that clued up on this type of circut. i have a little experience in electronics
(kit builder) your help would be most appreciative.

thanks allan

Have you verified that it is 1v square wave that the ECU, or are you using a data sheet. If you verified it - what did you use, a voltmeter or a scope?

dont really know much about transistors, i just experement or copy diagrams off the net and adapt to my needs, but I believe 0.7v will trigger a transistor, so mabey you could get away with a single transistor and mabey a few resistors - im sure someone who knows what there talking about will chime in with something useful.

hi there everyone, im new to this forum and i need your help please.
im fitting an aftermarket tacho to a yamaha R1 motorcycle. the tacho that im fitting needs to be triggered by a 12 volt square wave signal. the bikes ecu
only emits 1 volt square wave signal. how do i convert this to a 12volt signal? im thinking that a comparator type circut using a LM393 might work?
if this is the correct type of circut i need help with the layout as im not all that clued up on this type of circut. i have a little experience in electronics
(kit builder) your help would be most appreciative.

thanks allan

Hi,
As per your PM, have redrawn the circuit.
I would use the 'A' input, the other half of the LM393 is 'spare'

I have shown the RV1 setting for 2V, so adjust for 1V. OK:)

Attachments

• Tacho1.gif
    Tacho1.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 521
thanks mate for your help thats exactly what i was looking for . hope to share some of my own projects whit you guys

once again thanks allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back