Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert Solar panels with micro inverters to DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadarG

I have an enphase system with micro inverters. Due to the requirement from the power computer if the main power is offline I do not have power. The panels use micro inverters to convert the energy to 120AC since I have 42 panels it goes down into 2 60A circuit I would like to tap into one of those circuits to provide 11VDC- 150VDC 15A max, 1600w to my ecoflow delta pro. The delta uses MC4 connectors. What is the best way to convert my AC to DC. Does anyone have any product recommendations? I was thinking that I could have a electican mount a AC plug onto the wall and I could just roll an inverter up a d hook up my delta pro solar generator.

I though about a battery solution but I was told it would be a 9 month wait. Any help would be most welcome.

Your Enphase inverters require the grid to be live before they'll supply power. Even with your Delta Pro attached, they won't turn on without the grid. There is no way, when the grid is down, to turn the Enphase inverters on even if you were to connect an AC to DC convertor.

The Delta Pro has MC4 connectors so that it can be directly connected to the panels. Using the Enphase micro-inverters disallows you to connect the panels to the Delta Pro.

You could buy more panels and feed them only to the Delta Pro using the DC input and no inverters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back