Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert Leds to 7 Segment Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies all round

laroche73
I took the liberty of a MOD-EDIT on you excellent posting simply to correct the truth table layout.
It displays correctly (monospaced font) if you surround such things with the {code} and {/code} markers (note curly brackets to avoid triggering that mode here !).

LM3914 vs. LM339

Thanks for correcting my truth table, mechie. Not only were the spaces squished out, I accidentally posted the wrong truth table. It was for a LM3914 instead of the LM339 circuit. Since I can't go back and edit the post, I've included a corrected version of the schematic, for both the original LM339 and the LM3914.

Mosfet had suggested replacing the LM339 comparators with a LM3914 dot/bargraph display driver, so that only one led is on at a time. Sebi's diode ROM idea looks better with the LM3914, using 27 diodes.

The partial decoding method also works well with a 3914, although it requires one more gate than the 339 circuit did (8 XORs and 1 inverter, or 9 XORs). This is with the "off" condition translated to a "0" on the display.

- CAL

Attachments

• 339_to_7seg.gif
    339_to_7seg.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 5,800
  • 3914_to_7seg.gif
    3914_to_7seg.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 5,778
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips