Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controllo tubo di scarico in PVC se pieno/vuoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

arduburt

Salve a tutti, avrei la necessità di capire se una porzione di tubo in PVC della fognatura è pieno per un tempo sufficientemente lungo.
Avrei pensato a un sensore che misura il tempo impiegato ad attraversare la sezione del tubo in oggetto.
Vi sono grato per qualsiasi soluzione.

Salve a tutti, avrei la necessità di capire se una porzione di tubo in PVC della fognatura è pieno per un tempo sufficientemente lungo.
Avrei pensato a un sensore che misura il tempo impiegato ad attraversare la sezione del tubo in oggetto.
Vi sono grato per qualsiasi soluzione.
Hi everyone, I need to understand if a portion of the PVC sewer pipe is full for a sufficiently long time.
I would have thought of a sensor that measures the time taken to cross the section of the tube in question.
I am grateful for any solution.

Hi everyone, I need to understand if a portion of the PVC sewer pipe is full for a sufficiently long time.
I would have thought of a sensor that measures the time taken to cross the section of the tube in question.
I am grateful for any solution.

Bravissimmo Rono Simpo !! Bella ! Bella ! :)

Determining a change in the attenuation of an ultrasonic beam sent diametrically through the pipe plus contents might work.

Thanks alec_t, as an ultra sound sensor to use with arduino I know the classic srf05, I think that is not good for the purpose, when you talk about ultrasonic ray to which device are you referring to and if it can be used with arduino? I also like PIC solutions and possibly also PLC systems, it is clear that with these last two solutions I have to study a lot.
Question (from the profane): those chinoiseries of little cost that use a led to measure blood pressure by counting the red blood cells, could they be useful?

Warning: Off topic comment....

those chinoiseries of little cost
What a superb expression!
Surely the product of some translation software.
I Like it.

Getting back on topic, what diameter of pipe are we talking about?
50mm, 100mm, 500mm, 1m or bigger?

JimB

Ardburt, there is no need for apologies, it is just that the expression "chinoiseries of low cost" is a very interesting way of saying "cheap stuff from China".
I like it.

JimB

PVC sewer pipe is full
Sewer is not simple liquid. There may be solids and many things. There may be string/rope that will get caught on sensors.
Is this really sewer? or sewer pipe with water?

when you talk about ultrasonic ray to which device are you referring to and if it can be used with arduino?
I had no particular device in mind and have no experience in using an ultrasonic beam.

Ardburt, there is no need for apologies, it is just that the expression "chinoiseries of low cost" is a very interesting way of saying "cheap stuff from China".
I like it.

JimB

It is even ironic because the word originally was used to describe "the European interpretation and imitation of Chinese and East Asian artistic traditions, especially in the decorative arts, garden design, architecture, literature, theatre, and music".

To the topic, would the "muck" detector from this thread be of any use? Failing that, it seems that the approach in post #5 would be a good direction to go
although using a more appropriate device than the ultrasonic distance sensors.

let me explain better, I would like to know if the sewer pipe is clogged. I would have thought of a sensor positioned on the outside of the tube (not inside) that measures the round-trip time in the tube section, if the tube is empty the signal takes a certain time T1, if it is full it uses a other T2, if the sensor returns T2 for a long time, it means that the pipe is clogged.

you could use an ultrasonic sensor with the transmitter upstream from the receiver. a doppler shift in the received signal would indicate rate of flow.

sewer pipe is clogged
I think a empty pipe, 1/2 full pipe, full pipe will have different resonant frequencies. Thumping the pipe with a hammer should sound different. Maybe adding a speaker to the pipe (something like the picture in #12) and inject sound into the pipe and listen might give you information.

I would have thought of a sensor positioned on the outside of the tube (not inside) that measures the round-trip time in the tube section
If there is solid waste in the pipe then any 'return' signal would probably be very weak.

We have a pumped effluent system as part of our commercial operation which removes waste water & suds from the machines to a small holding tank before disposal into mains drainage; this has been known to clog and block up from time to time resulting in back pressure from the pump firing effluent back into the machines because the machine drain valves are designed to hold liquids in with only a light spring preventing the reverse. A mixture of soap residue and matted lint makes an impressive 'concrete' coating !

The flow pipe is smaller, only about 160mm dia. but downflow from the pump there is a 'T' section which comprises a smaller dia. tube ( 30mm or so ) which houses a simple float protected by a neoprene diaphragm on the end of a centred rod. If the float rises because the flow pipe is at max. capacity the rod trips a simple microswitch linked to a relay which stops the pump.

I was told that before our time here ( some 30 years ) the small tube housed a pressure sensor which failed regularly but I know little of that. However, the relay has been replaced at least once, but apart from that the thing has not been touched and continues to work well. I think the worth is in the simplicity of the operation.

I understand that you need a remote alert but that would be easily achieved via the microswitch and some of the communications experts on this forum.

S

Thanks again for the suggestions, but my problem is a little more "dirty", I notice the problem when the damage is done ie I have the toilet full! And I can't just slip a microswitch into the toilet. That's why I have to know in time if the hose is clogged or is getting clogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back