Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling octocoupler with pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeggg

I am trying to Use PWM fan to trigger an Optocoupler relay to run a 115v compressor on lg refrigerator .. however when I use the signal feed it cycles the relay I've tried to use a capacitor to smooth out the line with no luck and when I use the 12v and the ground it trips the fan circuit I suspect from load of relay .. can someone help me out here

In using and isolation relay from 115v source but I'm trying to trigger the relay with pwm fan so the compressor cuts off when the refrigerator makes temp and fan slows ... the refrigerator won't trigger the defrost until it senses a temp drop

You could try adding a diode in series to the capacitor so the capacitor will charge to the peak value of the PWM signal, regardless of the PWM duty-cycle.
Using that should trigger the relay anytime there's a PMW signal.
Is that what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back