Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling an aircraft instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfree

I have an old aircraft instrument, it maybe a turbine temp indicator. It has a 3digit LED display and a moving coil meter. I want to use this in my flight sim project. When I turn a potentiometer I want the display to go from 000 to 100 and the needle to move from zero to full scale deflection. I have thought of using a digital voltmeter IC and adjust the voltage to it, but wondering if anyone has any better ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Chances are that the primary sensor is a type-K or type-J thermocouple. mV from the sensor makes the instrument indicate. Look up the thermocouples on the web, and generate a few mV using a 1.5V battery and a suitable resistive divider.

Thanks Mike for the quick reply. The unit is crammed full of components so no way to find where the i/p is. What I plan to do is to remove everything from the unit except for the display and moving coil meter and then somehow power those directly to give what I want....if you understand what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back