Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controling devices with C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbit3r

Simple Light & Servo Control using C#

I've been programming with various languages for some time now and have recently become interested in programming external devices. I am trying to start a reasonably simple project allowing me to control several lights (12v MR16) Desk laps about 1Watt each and maybe a few servos directly from my computer.

Since i am very new to micro controllers and electronics in general i would be grateful if someone could point me into the right direction on where i should start.

Im hoping to write something in C# to control the PIC. My difficulties lie in the circuitry itself. What interface should i use to control the PIC? USB, RS232? What programmer should be using? How difficult will it be for me to achieve this with almost no electronical knowledge?

What would be the best way to provide power for the devices.. Etc.

Please excuse my complete lack of electronical knowledge

Last edited:
Just to make sure you know; you need to use C, BASIC, or assembler if you want to program the PIC. No C# for that part.

There are tutorials in the Microcontroller section of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back