Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control LED 12VDC by two 5 terminal rocker switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Woods

Need some help on wiring two switches to control 12VDC LED light from two locations. Using two 5 terminal switches. My idea was to use two SPDT switches for this project. Any help?

I have two SPDT switches with a built in light and "5" terminals. I know what terminals i need for + and - , when I try to wire them to work for two way switching, one switch is always leaking a little current that makes the LED light that I want to control glow dim. Cannot figure what I might be doing wrong. We switched the switches around and the problem follows the same switch. Purchases them brand new, Possible bad switch?

Aha that now makes sense.
3 terms for the spst, ie one common, one no and one nc, then the other 2 are for the led.
You need to suss out which 2 terms are the led, temporarily forget those, connect the switch as a 2 way light switch, then put one switch's led in parallel with the other then connect them both in parallel to the lamp, you'll need 4 wires between the switches, unless someone comes up with a simpler plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back