Control LED 12VDC by two 5 terminal rocker switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Woods

Need some help on wiring two switches to control 12VDC LED light from two locations. Using two 5 terminal switches. My idea was to use two SPDT switches for this project. Any help?

I have two SPDT switches with a built in light and "5" terminals. I know what terminals i need for + and - , when I try to wire them to work for two way switching, one switch is always leaking a little current that makes the LED light that I want to control glow dim. Cannot figure what I might be doing wrong. We switched the switches around and the problem follows the same switch. Purchases them brand new, Possible bad switch?

Aha that now makes sense.
3 terms for the spst, ie one common, one no and one nc, then the other 2 are for the led.
You need to suss out which 2 terms are the led, temporarily forget those, connect the switch as a 2 way light switch, then put one switch's led in parallel with the other then connect them both in parallel to the lamp, you'll need 4 wires between the switches, unless someone comes up with a simpler plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…