continuous to momentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

george7g

I've used an X10 for years, but it is not reliable enough for WAF. Recently I've changed to z-wave and am very happy with it (as well as my wife) . Except X10 has a Universal Module (UM506) where you can switch from continuous to momentary output. Unfortunately, this does not exist in z-wave world (yet).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify existing z-wave appliance module to have this momentary relay function.

I was thinking of connecting regular 120V relay to appliance module output and using some simple circuit to work this additional relay mometarily. Or, even better, modify internals of the z-wave appliance module so the internal relay can work momentarily. Either way would be perfect.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, George

I am probably a noob in your field but what is a X10

what is a WAF

where do you use a Z wave for and what is it

Robert-Jan

explanation

Hello Robert-Jan,
below are my answers to you. George

I am probably a noob in your field but what is a X10 = home automation control protocol over poweline (PLC)

what is a WAF = wife acceptance factor

where do you use a Z wave for and what is it = 'new' generation of home control protocol based on Zensys' technology 900MHz RF band. Much more reliable than X10. Very happy with it.

Search the net for x10 and z-wave, you'll find tons of info.

Robert-Jan[/QUOTE]

i like the WAF factor but probably there is not realy a standart for yet

but thanks for explaning it to me i would not the only one that hadn't a clue on your first post

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…