Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

consumptio of power

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't calculate power with only voltage, you'd need to know the RMS current draw of the pre-amp under the conditions you're going to be using it under.

He's feeding it 24V DC, but I doubt the current draw is going to be static, it's going to use more or less power depending on what the applied signal is. I don't know how variable this is in a pre-amp so I just said RMS current to be on the safe side. If he tests it on a bench without a load and thinks he's going to get X power over the long haul and it's current use doubles with an applied load in his app he's gonna be surprised.

Last edited:
how to calculate dc power consumption

24v dc is input to the peramplifier what is RMS, i mean to say i have different equipments which have different consumption like

1: projector have 300w
2: amplifier have 200w
3: pre amplifier have 24v DC
4: vga distribution have 12v DC

if projector has 300w consumption it will take load of 1.3 amps and 300w X 1hour is 300wh consumption then in dc how the consumption will be calculated

Ashokkumar jee,
you are not clear in what is the doubt you have. Please plan and make a proper presentation so that a possible answer could be given. If a picture can speak THOUSAND words, why not upload a block schematic of the equipment under question in support of your query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back