Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Consulting before purchase - Microchip wireless system

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,
I'm interested in setting two points which will communicate wireless via Zigbee.

first point:
1. **broken link removed** + MRF24J40MA PICTail™/PICTail Plus

Second point:
Well, I'm struggling to find a simple board, with 24F Microchip PIC and Zigbee transceiver.
I'm gonna make the order from Digikey, and didn't find anything I can use.
Could you please support me on that? any idea?

Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
Hi D, Thanks.
I cannot afford purchasing two systems of Explorer 16 + MRF24J40MA, only because the Explorer 16 costs 100$.
I'd like the second unit to be much simpler, you see?

Therefore, I'm looking for some simple solution for the Second unit

Have you selected a zigbee unit?.... Have you examined Xbee? The breakout boards from sparkfun are really cheap https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/16?page=2

I used the Xbee (Zigbee mesh ) and had great results.... As you use the uart ANY dev board will get you up and running...

i Ian,
Thanks!

Have you selected a zigbee unit?.... Have you examined Xbee? The breakout boards from sparkfun are really cheap https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/16?page=2

Should a XBEE unit connect with the Zigbee MRF24J40MA?

I used the Xbee (Zigbee mesh ) and had great results....
Should a XBEE unit connect with the Zigbee MRF24J40MA?

As you use the uart ANY dev board will get you up and running...

Could you please recommend on a Microchip 24F Dev board, that will connect to the XBEE unit?

I see, thanks Ian!

I think I'll pay the extra cash and buy 2x [Explorer 8 Development Board + MRF24J40MA PICTail™/PICTail Plus]

Do you see any reason to move to 16-bit PIC (as 24F in Explorer 16) rather than 8-bit (as 18F in Explorer 8)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back