Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

constant dc output voltage for frequency to voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnb29

I am beginner student of electronics.....How to obtain constant dc output voltage between 5 to 6volt?????by converting frequency varying between 0-10kHz using frequency to voltage converter...also tell me is there monostable multivibrator in circuit???....i have attached figure....pls suggest me modifications in circuit as per my requirment....can i modify switch which will be closed automatically if the output is not in specified range???.....

Attachments

• F to V diagram.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
I suspect you're not getting any replies because we don't understand what you want your circuit to do. Try explaining it in a different way.

Your requirements are confusing because you state you want a constant dc output, and then you state you want a frequency to voltage output. Which is it?

He wants a F to V converter, which would output a voltage in the range of 5 volts when 10 Khz are applied. And he is asking what component changes are required in the monostable and outputs filters to do so.

At least that is what I could understand.

@ scmitt trigger,yes u r right....in my above fig,output varies between 0 to Vcc(dc)...i want output in range of 5-6 Volt..for range 0 to 10khz input...pls suggest me changes....

Your transfer function is Vout=(Vin/5) + 5. You can do this with some op amps and resistors.

can u explain me in details????op amp attachent etc....
You could do it either of the two ways shown in the attachment. Use an op amp with low bias current inputs, like TL071, or a CMOS op amp.

EDIT: You can do it without an op amp if you don't need low output impedance, but I'm going to bed now.

What supply voltage do you have available that is higher than +5V?

Attachments

• F-V converter level shifter.PNG
    F-V converter level shifter.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,389
Last edited:
ok,thank u for ur circuit.....i am trying ur circuit...
i found this another attached circuit on net.....pls tell me about modifications in this circuit....if i want to obtain 5-6 volts output,which parameters r required to change....also is there any formula relating output voltage with other parameters in circuit?????9 volts battery is availble to me...if i connect that battery to Vs in fig.....which parameters shud i change?????

Attachments

• op.PDF
    13.4 KB · Views: 328
Here's how to do it with a 9V supply.
You can use the +5V to power the CD14538 also.

Attachments

• F-V converter level shifter1.PNG
    F-V converter level shifter1.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,897
Last edited:
THANK U...very much for ur circuit.....now at last ;pls clear 1 doubt,will the above circuit give me constant output between 5-6 volts?????for frequency varying between 20hz-20khz????if not pls suggest me formula relating output voltage in amplifier with other parameters such as resistors or capacitors....thanks in advance....

THANK U...very much for ur circuit.....now at last ;pls clear 1 doubt,will the above circuit give me constant output between 5-6 volts?????for frequency varying between 20hz-20khz????if not pls suggest me formula relating output voltage in amplifier with other parameters such as resistors or capacitors....thanks in advance....
Your original requirement was 5-6V for 0-10kHz.

ok,sorry my requirment is for 0-10khz.....:eek:
1)pls suggest me formula relating output voltage in amplifier with other parameters such as resistors or capacitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back