Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant DC current source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affan said:
Exactly Sir!:) I am from Rawalpindi, Pakistan. One more question sir. Which one among LM338K and LM340 would be better to implement this 2A dc current source project and why?
You need to do some of your homework yourself. Draw schematics of 2 amp regulators using both parts, and calculate the power dissipation of the required resistor. You should be able to deduce the answers to your questions from these calculations.

Roff said:
You need to do some of your homework yourself. Draw schematics of 2 amp regulators using both parts, and calculate the power dissipation of the required resistor. You should be able to deduce the answers to your questions from these calculations.

Sir please tell me about it (LM338K or LM340 and why?). Even if power dissipation is the only factor then which one will be better. And also if there is any other factor.

I think if you consider the power dissipation in mind ,LM338K is the one best for you.

Other factors depends upon the application in which you wanna use it.

I think if I asked my lecturer for approval of a circuit diagram just two days before the finished article was due to be handed in, he'd laugh openly at me and tell me to come back next year!

Good luck with your project, I hope it works out :)

Brian

Affan said:
Sir please tell me about it (LM338K or LM340 and why?). Even if power dissipation is the only factor then which one will be better. And also if there is any other factor.
For a given supply voltage, the 338 will have higher voltage compliance on the output than the 340. In other words, the 338 can handle a higher resistance load than the 340.

Brian Hoskins said:
I think if I asked my lecturer for approval of a circuit diagram just two days before the finished article was due to be handed in, he'd laugh openly at me and tell me to come back next year!

Good luck with your project, I hope it works out :)

Brian

:) 2 Days was the time for finalizing the circuit and get it approved by the teacher. Implementation was to be started after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back