Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector and cable advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgowell

i’m trying to find a robust cable and connector with 6 connections. I’ve found this connector which I like https://uk.farnell.com/souriau/uts6jc128s/plug-size-12-8-way-skt/dp/1208046 however it needs connector pins and they need to be crimped and the crimping tool is over £300 all together and it’s a massive investment for just 45 connectors.

I’m looking for advice to find out if it’s worth getting these things made up for me. This maybe more cost effective as the company will already have invested in the tool plus they’ll do a better job of it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Plus anyone know a company that does this?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply, I think that these closed barrel pins are the only ones that work with this connector, at least thats what the farnell guy said. Do you think that that crimp tool would work on those? Would one use the holes in this tool to crimp this kind of p?
(FYI The cable size is 16 awg)

cheers,
Joel

The place I used to work used Amp CPC connectors with portable data collectors. They held up to abuse rather well and we used somewhat generic hand crimpers that didn't cost a large fortune.

We used the 4 pin version by the ton and also the 9 pin version.
SmartSelectImage_2017-04-05-05-37-57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back