Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting two telephones..step by step question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqar

Hi all,
I know that iam asking the same old telephone connecting with micrcontroller question again and again ...but thing is that iam not getting any answer not even starting thing....so now i am willing to make the most simplest circuit before going further in any other big telephone exchange design...

Here's my experiment on which i need help.

Objective is to make controller detect off-hook of a one telephone set and when ever the telephone set is off hook DIAL TONE from controller can be heared in the telephone set.

1) I have a Pulse Dialing Telephone Set,

2) This Telephone Set is connected with a off-hook indicator circuit which contains a Optical Coupler.

3) When ever the telephone set goes off hook ,

4) optical coupler circuit sents a logical high signal output.

5) Now this logical high out put is connected to a micrcontroller (AT89c52) input Pin 1.0.

(in controller there is program written in assembly which detects the off hook and then generate DIAL TONE....more details are in my attachment which you can see in MS word. I also have difficult in writing that program but i need much help on connected the out put from the controller to the telephone set)

5) Now when the telephone goes off-hook ,

6) Controller Sents a 1000Hz Square Wave at Pin 2.0 now my question is how to connect this wire with telephone set so that a DIAL TONE can be heared in the Telephone Set...?

i have used the following off-hook indicator if any one can guide me any other economical way of sending a off-hook 5 volts signal to controller i will be thankful...

home.att.net/~theremin1/circuitlibrary/offhookdcindicator.html

7) Now suppose that the wire from Optical Coupler circuit carrying a logical high signal in case of off-hook is connected at Pin 1.0,

8) Where and how should i can connect the out put from controller to telephone set so that a DIAL tone tyep of sound can be heared in the telephone set...

i have figure it out

hi all,
just your those who don't know this...

I have connected the out put from the controller carrying the DIAL tone Signal using two capacitors of 0.47uf ..as this will work as filter blocking the DC current of 5 volts and passing the DIAL TONE signal....

although i don't know its theory but i will be posting a question here for this..

hi all,
just your those who don't know this...

I have connected the out put from the controller carrying the DIAL tone Signal using two capacitors of 0.47uf ..as this will work as filter blocking the DC current of 5 volts and passing the DIAL TONE signal....

although i don't know its theory but i will be posting a question here for this..

So do you have a completed, working circuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back