Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting to ethernet with PIC18F97J60

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I've been reading up on some stuff and came across the PIC18F97J60, which supposedly can connect to an ethernet. My understanding of this would be that it means that the PIC18F97J60 can connect to a LAN, ie. the same LAN that my computer connects to... and then also be able to connect to the internet.

If this is correct, would my computer then be able to talk to the microcontroller? Eg. if i had a few sensors attached to the microcontroller at one end of the house, would I be able to read the values off those sensors from my computer?

If this is correct, would my computer then be able to talk to the microcontroller? Eg. if i had a few sensors attached to the microcontroller at one end of the house, would I be able to read the values off those sensors from my computer?

Yes, with the right code.

You may want to put a UDP/IP or TCP/IP stack on the device to allow you to use sockets on your PC to communicate with the device (you could use raw sockets, but I wouldn't). The use of the IP protocols also allows you to connect to the device from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back