Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting SCADA with uC...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO, why they are so costly and why they only work on Ladder programming....?

They cost much because some people are willing to pay much for a quality product.
There are other ways to program PLC than ladder programming. You can program them using function blocks, structured text, instruction list, sequential function charts.. Those are all standard ways to program PLC logic.

What additional quality does PLC contain then uC??

PLC card is a complete product ready for use. uC is just a component. You could build a PLC card using any uC you like.

PLC card is a complete product ready for use.

What features does PLC card make superior???
and why people distinguish PLC from uC ?
why PLC are so costlier than a uC??

What features does PLC card make superior???
and why people distinguish PLC from uC ?
why PLC are so costlier than a uC??

Like I said. PLC is a complete product that you can plug into your industrial control system. That makes PLC superior over uC, that is why it is costly and that is why it differs from uC.

Take a look at this PLC system.. do you see the difference to uC? Do you see why it cost money?
**broken link removed**

I am soon running out of popcorn here. Go ask further questions to the dedicated PLC forum. They are experts to answer all your fancy questions. https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/

Last edited:
OK, uC contain all devices in it like ADC, UART, etc so why it is so big box ...?

To keep the wires tidy and for easy maintenance. Connectors, relays, power supplies take room.

OK, then how to do this??
one thing more i have seen one PLC training , which has only 5 or 6 input and 4 or 5 output but the cost was very high then uC and size was not so big like a small thick book, why?

OK, then how to do this??

Impossible to say. I do not have enough information about what you are trying to do.

one thing more i have seen one PLC training , which has only 5 or 6 input and 4 or 5 output but the cost was very high then uC and size was not so big like a small thick book, why?

I have no idea, maybe there is a bar of gold inside. Or maybe they have spend million dollars to develop that product. Maybe it ships with tons of software. You know that software is only the size of a CD and still it can be very expensive. Should it be cheap because it is small? That is just stupid.

Its OK, i was just comparing to uC.....
Rs 200/. to Rs 10,000/.
I do not have enough information about what you are trying to do.

As i said before i want small automation like filling of tank in screen.

As i said before i want small automation like filling of tank in screen.

So, what is the problem you are having? If you want to use the InTouch software, but you do not know how to connect to your system, then you should contact the official Wonderware Support. I can't help you with that.
**broken link removed**

I have used in touch for making small automation....and connected PLC for LED test simple in college now i want to make uC based PLC connection to intounch without buying PLC....

I have used in touch for making small automation....and connected PLC for LED test simple in college now i want to make uC based PLC connection to intounch without buying PLC....

Ok.. what communication protocols does the InTouch support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back