Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting SCADA with uC...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must be still working on filling his water tank. LOL
My 1st thought is he copied the InTouch software at school and is now trying to use it at home to monitor his water tank.

HI again,

I found this mod bus for pic in basic i have no idea how to use need your guidance...

Attachments

• 1.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 295
HI again,

I found this mod bus for pic in basic i have no idea how to use need your guidance...

Where did you find it? From a website?

EDIT.. I read the code and it does not mention modbus anywhere.. I have no interest to trace what the code actually does.. Why you think it is modbus code? Post the origin of that code.. website etc.. where did you get it from?

EDIT-2: The code you posted has nothing to do with modbus. Do not ask why. Take it as "just my opinion". I did 5 minute google research.. the code is about managing interrupts with PIC (PicBasic Pro). **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi,

I am asking that we use costly PLC with scada for automation ?
if we are trying to make a small automation can we connect any uC like PIC with scada intounch for communication of sensors to PC(with scada) without using PLC??

We are talking about industrial automation here,
Every industry have a standard so no one will want to take any risk that might change their product standard. Afterall, they are willing and ready to pay for PLC. So if u want to substitute PLC for Pic, you are on your own. Even with the fact that PLC are made of microcontrollers. PLCs are best for industries.

We are talking about industrial automation here,
Every industry have a standard so no one will want to take any risk that might change their product standard. Afterall, they are willing and ready to pay for PLC. So if u want to substitute PLC for Pic, you are on your own. Even with the fact that PLC are made of microcontrollers. PLCs are best for industries.

I doing it for my learning...can u help me..?

Where did you find it? From a website?

EDIT.. I read the code and it does not mention modbus anywhere.. I have no interest to trace what the code actually does.. Why you think it is modbus code? Post the origin of that code.. website etc.. where did you get it from?

EDIT-2: The code you posted has nothing to do with modbus. Do not ask why. Take it as "just my opinion". I did 5 minute google research.. the code is about managing interrupts with PIC (PicBasic Pro). **broken link removed**

Hi again,

according to Mod bus it say the data should start with : and only char and 0 to 9 are allowed and using tag we can communicate in touch with uC...

Read Input Register (0x04)
Read Holding Registers (0x03)
Write Single Register (0x06)
Write Multiple Registers (0x10)
Read/Write Multiple Registers (0x17)
Read Coils (0x01)
Write Single Coil (0x05)
Write Multiple Coils (0x0F)
Read Discrete Inputs (0x02)
Report Slave ID (0x11)

so, what are the use of so many registers read are write are understandable ?

I'm still wondering how to "unsubscribe" from this thread, the damned thing keeps emailing me with yet more drivel :)

I'm all for learning new stuff, and I would be doing everyone that's tried to help an injustice if I stated that I hadn't picked up the odd tip reading through the threads from this guy, but you know what, it's growing old real quick. It's time this guy hit the books and datasheets and invested some time and effort in his chosen subjects, before placing his "help me, I can't be bothered" posts. I'm almost beginning to think that it's someone having a laugh...

I'm still wondering how to "unsubscribe" from this thread, the damned thing keeps emailing me with yet more drivel :)

Look at top-right.. below the page number list. There is the "thread tools" -button. Select "unsubscribe from this thread".

I think i should leave this, wasting of time .

Well.. yeah. Sorry I did not reply to your PM, but I really can't help more than I already have. It is too difficult to do remotely. And I have not worked with Scada systems or PICs for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back