Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting motor to wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use whichever method you feel most comfortable with, and most importantly, safest.

Or you could make life easy and get a 13mm OD standoff. They will have a partly drilled threaded hole in them that could easily be drilled through to 8MM. Many electronics places sell them, but here is a company that makes them as an illustration of what I mean. https://lyntron.com/catalog/LynTron/B12

For a quick & dirty prototype you could shave a gluestick so it fits in the wheel then drill and 8mm hole through it & screw it on.
Rough but quick.

Ive only seen the couplers with up to 10mm bore unfortunatley. Have you actually seen an 8 to 13mm?
I recently bought several couplers from Skycraft surplus, which is a great store here in Orlando, that were multiple sizes. However, I had no difficulty in drilling out one end or the other, or even both ends, to allow it to fit as needed.
Give them a shot, good selection, cheap and been around for a long time. https://www.skycraftsurplus.com/

I'm looking for ideas on how I could connect the following wheel, to the motor shaft below? Ideally, I would like to connect it directly, without a belt.

Wheel : Bore size 13mm
Motor : 8mm shaft diam, 25mm shaft length, M4 thread.

Any ideas?

View attachment 111287

You may think that is a good idea but most motors have too much speed and not enough torque to directly drive a wheel that moves a car, a cart or whatever. Make sure your motor has enough torque for the job before you incest in the mechanical design effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back