Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conductivity Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fth27

I have a conductivity kit from Atlas Scientific, but the ezo conductivity module is missing. I just connected the sensor probe to pin A0 on the Arduino Uno with the analogRead command in the source code. However, I'm still confused about the sensor output. Can I convert sensor output to microsiemens/cm? If so, what is the source code?

I am seeing about 4 conductivity probes on their web page.

However, I'm still confused about the sensor output. Can I convert sensor output to microsiemens/cm? If so, what is the source code?
No, before the probe is connected to an Arduino or any uC the probe signal will need conditioning. In some examples of signal conditioning the actual probe is a leg of a whetstone bridge and in some designs other circuits are used. The probes in the link have ranges and are normally checked using a buffer solution (a solution of known conductivity). Place probe in known solution, rinse, move to another known solution and along it goes. Your display and code are tuned to the probe. A Google of "conductivity meter circuits" will bring up examples including signal conditioning circuits. There is more to it than just connecting the probe to a uC and getting results.

Example a ENV-40-EC-K10 (K-10 Probe) measures:
Range10 μS/cm − 1 S/cm

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back