Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Concentrate Glo Poi Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper123

So I have been looking around for nice pair of glo poi to spin but the only pair I could find to my caliber was nearly $200 for a pair!!! (not worth it in my book) I figured since I have moderate knowledge working with ic's and led's I could give it a shot I am looking for something similar to the ones on this site.
Concentrate - Home
Initially for a proto type I was looking to use one tri-color led and using a 555 to change the colors in sequence but have been running into problems with setting multiple patterns. Duh. I decided to check out some other possibilities and decided that three separate led’s with a larger ic was a better idea. I have been having a lot of trouble though finding information on a programmable ic I have been looking all around for ic's that would work with no luck. I thought a atmega16 might work but am not sure if multiple patterns can be stored and cycled through using a push button or if it would need to be attached to a pc all the time. I am looking to store about 20 patterns and power three led’s separately to create a whole range of colors and designs. Any help would be greatly appreciated

My daughter does Poi as well, she's used illuminated ones (for a night procession), but the speed they move at means flashing probably isn't that effective?.

Electronically it's very simple anyway, a small PIC would allow you to do various patterns easily - the only problems are really mechanical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back