Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computor Icon's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

Can you tell me how to change the Icon on My D drive in My computor and change the Lettering wich is displayed Ie wish to change D drive to E drive lettering.
And how do I change the Incon on a folder in my documents from the present Icon to a photo.
Dos the photo have to be in a particular format.

OK, Bill Gates is one of the richest guy on the planet. Why would you want to change what he thinks is right for all of us and we all seem to deal with?

To change the drive letter he will let you do that sort of easy.

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Admin tools, Computer Management, Disk management, (right click the drive and pick change drive letter), etc.

This isn't a Winwoes help forum this s an electronics help forum. Please go elsewhere if you want help with Winblows.

Hero999 said:
This isn't a Winwoes help forum this s an electronics help forum. Please go elsewhere if you want help with Winblows.
Lighten up, Hero. This is ****-chat. It's no skin off your nose. If you hate Microsoft so much, don't read the post.

**** Chat

I am pleased that there are people who can read the requirements for the **** - Chat ( off topic is allowed ).
Answers to the question are the reasons for the post.
I think that personal viewes should not come into the reply's .
I enjoy using this sight .
Thank you

Using your mouse's right button, "right click" on the screen icon you wish to change. A small window will pop up and then you click on PROPERTIES. Another window opens with about four tabs at the top. The SHORTCUT tab should automatically be the window you see on your screen, if not click on the tab labeled SHORTCUT. There is a prompt box labeled CHANGE ICON. Click on it to open a window showing alternate icons, or you can also browse the PC to find one.
To use a photo or thumbnail for a folder icon, you'd have to create a thumbnail of your desire, save it to a file and then substitute it for those boring manilla yellow folders in Windows. Otherwise, you can also set your screen to display "thumbnails" instead of details and such.
That's easily done by opening EXPLORER, then click on VIEW at the very top of the screen. Click on THUMBNAILS and you're good to go. I typically prefer DETAILS since I like to see the extra info. about the files at a quick glance.

Last edited:
I totaly agree. posting such comments (Hero) puts us noobs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back