Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinichi

for starters, im just recently starting my course as an electronics engineering student and well i wanted to build an AVR that is used in computers (220V-input / 110V-220V output)because its the most basic device i could think of..:p
but i dont have any starting ideas on how to start one.:(

may i ask from you guys to give me advice such as possible parts or diagrams or whatever is necessary for me to start on this idea of mine..:)

thanks..

the AVR i meant is the external one..the one that is connected before the UPS or CPU..is there micro-controller there? i haven't tried checking one yet..

I think he means AVR's in switch mode power supplies, they make some models that seem to be popular in switch modes. I'm just guessing here though.

well i am not really asking a question, its just a guidelines,tips (circuit diagrams,websites) i am looking for to help me build an AVR..:)

ok so the AVR i meant is the automatic voltage regulator where you switch it on before you turn on your computer. i know it looks like a very basic project but i really dont know where & what to start with..:(

I've never heard of any such device?, and as you've probably already realised no one else here has heard of any such acronym either (apart from Atmels AVR).

PC power supplies are either manually switched 120V/240V - usually by crudely switching the mains rectifier to be a doubler or not. Or they use a wide range SMPSU, which works over the entire voltage range.

AVR = Automatic Voltage Regulator, I've seen them built into power strips before, they're like a poor mans UPS, they're just there to provide hold up power for brown outs and absorb small line transients.

Definitely not a first time project for someone that doesn't know what they're doing, if you need one buy one instead.

AVR = Automatic Voltage Regulator

Dear Nigel,

He's talking abt AVR = Automatic Voltage Regulator, used to regulate the mains Suppy, where it is not constant,

like if you get main as 400V, but potential level fluctuates as 340V to 460V (i.e. 400V ± 15%).

i hope you had been clarified now....

regards,

Muhammad Zubair
B.E. (Electronic)

No offense muzubair, but why do people repeat posts that already contain the exact same information as one another user posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back