Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer and key pad controlled roll down action white board....(HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira_kame

*REMINDER: im a reall nooby... T_T so sory please forgive... i just want to learn...*

THE project... computer and key pad controlled roll down action white board....(1x1 meter size) so yeah im gona need ASSEMBLY lang. for this.

-cd rom like mechanical behavior..
-i think one motor is enough for this... multi motors.... still considered as one motor since they behave in sync...

-operated by keypad:
buttons:
.roll down = the board simply rolls down... and holds...(board is now rolled down and idle)
.roll up = the board simply rolls up... and holds...(board is now rolled up and idle)

*in case of immediate shut down .... last command should be to roll up... so on the next restart the board rolls up in auto...
============================================================
THE QUESTION...
" Which is Which!? Which port is best to put my input(keypad) and output(bidirectional motor)....?"
============================================================
i have an INTEX PCI multi i/o controller card... which has 2 serial and 1 parallel ....

its a school project requirement thing... like an final exercise to use our skills and all.... problem is they dont teach us that much and that well... so i hoped id find some helpful advices here....

and ASSEMBLY LANG. coz thatz the only com. prog. lang. they taught us to use that we were able to interface with computer operated hardware directly... i know most of the WORLD use VB and C+ NOW......... but nobody in our college even bothered to tech us how to interface and utilize them like assembly....

I mean, can YOU believe it?!?! they told us to do this one on ISA.... while the PCI is starting get Obsolete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back