Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component identificatio

Status
Not open for further replies.

antani

Hi to all members,

can anyone help me to identify this component?

It's on a electronic circuit of ABS control unit of a truck and it's damaged (shortcut) so i would try to replace but i don't know with (i think is a metal incapsulated diode but is marked Bosch so with the code on the top isn't possible to find with normal search engine as alldatasheet...)

thanks in advance

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.52.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.52.28.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 108
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.47.24(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.47.24(1).jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 119
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.47.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 14.47.24.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 105
The part you mention looks like a choke, looking at where it is on the Pcb, and the presence of a relay I'd say it was some kind of power filtration.
I suggest you get another controller.

looks kind of like tvs diode. Does the ouside leads go to ground and center go to the 12V or Ignition supply coming in?
If it is a tvs diode you can leave it off and see if your unit is working. Then if all works ok you can replace with any tvs diode with proper working voltages. for 12V systems usually you see them with 22-24V working voltage.

thanks a lot for your response!
yes the center go to 12 and the outside to gnd

i found a wire broken (extra current) and a diode shortcut too. I will try to replace!

I don't find this diode ...marked LTV91 , Does anyone knows how to search it?

tnx

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-21 at 17.16.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-21 at 17.16.50.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 82
The logo is General Semiconductors. I guess its owned by vishay now but you can probably still dig through some datasheets from General Semiconductors for that package size and maybe find it.

i found this pdf but there's no diodes marked LTV 91 :(

Attachments

• diodesgroupbodymarking.pdf
    266.2 KB · Views: 82
It's pretty unusal to be able to make any sense of the numbers on SM components - and certainly in auto-motive electronics where most devices seem to use in-house numbers.

This is true but usually you can figure it out. Bosch doesn't always use masks in their modules, especially the smaller stuff.

Antani, is this diode bad? Can you post a picture of full pcb? I don't do abs modules but I am in a lot of other Bosch modules. Maybe we can get it figured out for you.

This is true but usually you can figure it out. Bosch doesn't always use masks in their modules, especially the smaller stuff.

Antani, is this diode bad? Can you post a picture of full pcb? I don't do abs modules but I am in a lot of other Bosch modules. Maybe we can get it figured out for you.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 15.26.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 15.26.35.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 82
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 15.25.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 15.25.35.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 80
It kind of looks like a flyback diode for the relay in series with that big metal thing I was guessing to be a tvs diode. Maybe one of the smarter guys can say if that makes sense.
It may help if you did a schematic of the area your working on there. I'm just guessing at the relay layout and of corse I could be way off and the diode's not even connected to it.

On a side note, those orange style transformers (VOGT L1) from Bosch seems to go bad quite often in other applications. Usually from modules around late 90's/early 2000's.

Did you have an external short or over spikes from alternator come into the module or did he die by himself?

Last edited:
Based on your picture, I see a "LVP" code. That is not a diode. It is a Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) TPSMB series. Made by General Semiconductor (now vishay) with their convoluted code marking. In this case, disregard the number 91 which is a date code. The original GS part number is; TPSMB36A which is also made by others.
Capture.JPG

Based on your picture, I see a "LVP" code. That is not a diode. It is a Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) TPSMB series. Made by General Semiconductor (now vishay) with their convoluted code marking. In this case, disregard the number 91 which is a date code. The original GS part number is; TPSMB36A which is also made by others. View attachment 120088
Yes LVP! i'm sorry...i need glasses! :)

Based on your picture, I see a "LVP" code. That is not a diode. It is a Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) TPSMB series. Made by General Semiconductor (now vishay) with their convoluted code marking. In this case, disregard the number 91 which is a date code. The original GS part number is; TPSMB36A which is also made by others. View attachment 120088
if i don't find a LVP, can i use a LTP ? is a little bit lower as nominal voltage

You can usually go up of down a little with the working voltages of the TVS and be ok, or just use a different brand if you see one with matching numbers.

I now wonder if the metal thing is a "auto press fit diode" with a mounting case around it.

You can usually go up of down a little with the working voltages of the TVS and be ok, or just use a different brand if you see one with matching numbers.

I now wonder if the metal thing is a "auto press fit diode" with a mounting case around it.

interesting reasoning, because is almost impossible identify (normally are marked Bosch) and find this type of components. The difficult is to understand the value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back