Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compiling problem Win 7 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramjet1953

Hi, Guys!

I'm not sure if it just my installation, or if the problem is a general one.

When using either the PIC Simulator IDE, or PIC 18 Simulator IDE under my new Win 7 64-bit install, when I run the compiler it crashes and exits.

All other functions seem OK.

ie if I load a hex file it simulates fine.

I can also write a BASIC program and save it OK.

Regards,
Roger

Hello Ramjet,
The problem I found with winsucks 7 and Oshonsoft if you don't start it the first time using Admin privileges it will crash and there is a thread on this problem so go for a search and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Regards Bryan1

Hi, Bryan1!

Thank you for your reply and tip.
I agree with you about Windows, in general.
I only use Windows for electronics development and use Ubuntu Linux for everything else.

When you say to start the program the first time, using admin privileges, do you mean the first time after initial install?
If this is the case, will a re-install overcome this?

I'm new to this site and couldn't seem to find a 'search' function, so I looked through the 5 pages of this particular area and couldn't seem to find anything about this problem in any of the posts. Should I be looking somewhere else on the site?

Regards,
Roger

Hi Roger,
First thing just right click on the pic sim desktop shortcut and click start with Admin, thats how I ended up fixing mine when I was using the 64 bit computer.

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back