Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison between analog ang digital design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayanasari83

Hi all,
I'm new here... Could somebody brief me the different between analog and digital design? And what tools use for each of them?

Ummm...maybe it's just me but your question seems to be asking something so general that there isn't really an answer. Digital design involves designing circuits with digital components like logic gates, microprocessors, microcontrollers, RAM, FLASH, ROM, and everything else that processes information using digital signals. Analog is everything else (especially radio, audio and power supplies). But these circuits can incorporate digital components too. And digital circuits can still involve analog design when you really start to push the limits since the world is by nature analog (things like noise, ringing, EMI, RFI).

For tools...
oscilloscope - analog (but can be used for digital and be used to observe analog aspects of digital signals)
logic analyzer - digital only
function generator - analog
serial protocal analyzer - digital
frequency counter- digital or analog

Last edited:
Thanks dknguyen for the info...
How about the EDA tools use for these two type of design (digital and analog), are they the same?

THe tools to design the board level circuits are the same. The tools to design the low-level stuff is not. THe simulators are also not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back