Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok i have heard the way to read those mTouch sensors is by using the comparator on a PIC or w/e. I have seen some code and such but i have no clue as to what exactly does the comparator do.

Can one use a Comparator IC like LM339 to accomplish the same thing?
LM339 - Low Power Low Offset Voltage Quad Comparator

Or is it not possible because the values are changing and one must keep a reference value first?

I have no clue how this works. I would love to make a touch sensor. I have seen it done on bare PCB with some minor etching. Basically the outside is ground and the inside is the tap. And you read it using the comparator of a pic.

Anyone got info? Links? anything besides microchips ANxxxx stuff lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back