Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

compaq r3000h ups problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVE HEARSON

Hi everyone out there, I have a problem with a compaq ups I have just aquired, I bought it really for the pure sine wave inverter inside, the unit works fine for five minutes or so then shuts down, it is not overheating the battery level is fine and the mains supply is fine, does any one know if you can program the unit to run longer with buttons on the front of the unit, I did not get a user manual with the unit, thanks for any replies, Dave H.

one odd problem that lead acid batteries develop, and i've noticed it in vehicles as well as UPS supplies, is that they can show fine for open circuit voltage (and do so up to a certain current level), but when called upon to deliver power to an actual working load, quit suddenly. as soon as the load is removed, they show normal voltage again. the first thing i do when i get a UPS in for repair is to order a new set of batteries, because sulphated batteries (or damaged from long periods of overcharging) are 99.9% of all UPS failures. the other 0.1% are shorted MOVs from lightning strikes/surges, bad output transistors, dried out electrolytic caps on the inverter board etc...

Last edited:
ups shutting down

Found out the other day, how to configure the ups, and while going through the setting found that the low consumption shut down was enabled, this was also working while a 1kw heater was plugged in , so why they call it (low power shut down ) is a bit missleading, for anyone else with the ups shutting down without the batterys drained, make sure that the LED above the battery symbol is red, when in the configure mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back