Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

communication whit computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

how can i establish a conection whit a computes using
the com port of a computer??

is it difficult to write information in a eeprom memory from it..???

TKS

You cannot connect the EEPROM directly to the com port. You will need a microcontroller for example to receive the data from the com port and then write it to eeprom.

You could use handshaking lines of the comport to directly program an eeprom but you will have to write PC software for it .

Ok

does any one know suchs a project or good links,

i want to send simple text (using vb6.o comm object..)

to a microcontroller and that one writes it in his memroy

and then keeps displaying that tekst on a lcd display..

should be easy not..???

TKS

Re: Ok

TKS said:
does any one know suchs a project or good links,

i want to send simple text (using vb6.o comm object..)

to a microcontroller and that one writes it in his memroy

and then keeps displaying that tekst on a lcd display..

should be easy not..???

TKS

Very easy, one of my RS232 tutorials does just that - except it doesn't store the text in memory, there's no need - the LCD module keeps displaying what it was given until power is turned off (or you overwrite it).

If you want to store the text in non-volatile memory it would easy to add, most PIC's have a small amount of EEPROM data memory you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back