Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

communication between mobile and 8051 core

Status
Not open for further replies.

task_rocks

we have to establish hardware connection between mobile and 8051 (Atmel AT89C51SND2).. we have the AT command set of the mobile. please guide us to establish hardware connection and please tell sample code to send the AT commands to the mobile.. our intention is to send and read sms, by controlling the code of 8051..

This is a pretty big undertaking. I'd suggest doing your own school work.

Not much information given. What type of interface (serial/parallel) to send info from AT to mobile. Over what distance? This is out of curiousity: what's the real aim of the work you're undertaking?

details

we are interested in having serial interface b/n cell phone & 8051mic.
distance would be maximum of 5feet b/n cell phone & microcontroller based system.
we are looking to establish a communication b/n user's cell phone & a micro controller based system through another cell phone interfaced serially to that system.
distance here b/n two cells will be the range of network service provider

This is very interesting work, although I'm still not clear on many points. SMS as well as other text based systems, I think, are based on the ASCII encoding scheme (how you're going to translate sms with smileys is what I don't know!). You may need to store the ASCII code in your microcontroller ROM somewhere to translate whatever messages. The handshake between the micro & the mobile is quite important: serial interfacing is generally tougher work than parallel. How then do you send the SMS from the system to the other mobile? Why the micro system in the first place, when you can just send direct from mobile to mobile?
This is a very challenging & interesting work and one I'll have loved to participate in. Give us more details, hopefully there is someone out there who has done similar work.
Just my ideas.

thanks for your concern

sir
its our pleasure that you are getting involved so keenly.we are very clear about our objective but not completely about designing aspect.hence we need a guide who has industrial background.we are guided by our prof. as far as theory is concerned.

yes,we are supposed to store certain data in ROM that microcontroller need to send as reply via cell to another cell..we are not specific about serial interface,it can also be done through parallel as well.
as you said we are sending SMS from one cell to another directly.here one cell is controlled by human whereas on the other end it is controlled by microcontroller as there will be no human to interact with the cell.hence microcontroller in the 1st place.

even we expect that we will get solution for this.in a short while,we will be coming out with more details

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back