Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comm2 project... (transmitter help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitrax

So in my Communications 2 class, our instructor gave us this circuit:

**broken link removed**

And for the next 8 weeks, our lab project is to simply "make it better". Problem is, we're running out of ideas on what to do to it.

So here's how we've tweaked it so far:

The kit we were given came with a 5V fixed voltage regulator, but in our testing, we found that the MAX2606 doesn't always like a full 5V. On my lab partner's chip, we started seeing clipping once we got up to 4.75V, however, on my chip, it takes the full 5V with no clipping until 5.3V. So we replaced the fixed 5V regulator with an LM317 adjustable regulator.

I've already found the other thread here on the MAX2606, and I plan on messing around with adding a 3904 on the inputs to see if that makes the sound better or worse.
fm-tx-with-pre-emph-gif.8561

We've discussed the possibility of adding a 3904 or a 741 right before the antenna, but that would push the legal limits of the FCC...and it would also amplify any and all noise in the circuit...

Do you have any suggestions on how to make this little circuit better?

(note: We're not allowed to use a PIC or the ancient BA1404...I've already asked. Our instructor insists that the MAX2606 be the core of the circuit. :-/ )

Last edited:
Another question I have:

The kit came with a cheap little coil for L1. The wire guage is 20-22...and very easily bent. My lab partner found this out the hard way. Anyway, I'm wondering if a molded inductor wouldn't be better suited here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back