Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

color printer recommendation

MrDEB

In need of a color inkjet printer w/ a tank.
Looking at the Cannon 6020 but reviews say it quits after 2 years

After going through many ink jet printers I finally wised up. I got a Dell laser color printer. The big problem, for me at least was not printing in color very often, The print heads clog up when the ink dries in them. With the laser printer there is nothing to dry up, it just works and works great when ever it's needed.

And the laser cartridges are cheaper than the ink. Or they were when I stopped using the ink. I'd never go back to ink jet.

I've had the Epson ET-4750 for a year or so now and very happy with it. Like Diver300 only topped the black up once.

Some offers for free ink for two years out at the moment.

I have a Canon LBP7110Cw that is about 6 years old and going strong.

Agree, I have a Samsung multi function colour laser and would never go back(wards) to inkjet.

Mike.
I concur - I do very little printing at home, and every time I came to do any the ink cartridge(s) had dried up. I bought an HP Laser Jet (Apple version in white, as it was on special offer - no one wanted white printers!) - I've had it years, and am still on the original toner cartridges, although I have recently bought replacements, as it's flagging the Yellow as low.

I would LOVE to get a laser color printer but $$$
I pulled the trigger and ordered an Epson ET 2803

We bought two Kyocera P5021CDN duplex (prints both sides with none of this remove and re-feed paper nonsense) colour lasers in the last year - work well.

Rather embarrassingly my HP M252dw also does that - embarrassing because I wanted to print something double sided and I was stood at the printer waiting to grab the page and reinsert it, but just as I tried to grab the paper it disappeared back inside, and came back out with both sides printed :D

I never knew it did that (as I said, I don't print a lot), but since then I've done a fair amount of double sided printing.

Rather embarrassingly my HP M252dw also does that - embarrassing because I wanted to print something double sided and I was stood at the printer waiting to grab the page and reinsert it, but just as I tried to grab the paper it disappeared back inside, and came back out with both sides printed :D
That happened to me to with the new printers - didn't know it did that and had cleared everything piled in front of it to get to the paper tray

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back