Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coin operated? ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhapps he made a gramatical error rather than a spelling mistake. He probably meant "But building things is more fun."; there's no such word as funner.

haha.. things are definitely "funner" when you build them. bout the pic you suggested, do u think pic16f84 would do the job? well, would it be that reliable to output for the solenoid valve and at same time output for the 7 segment?

Whoa! How did that get there? Yes, i meant "Building things yourself is fun". Sorry about that. I am surprised my spell checker didn't pick that up?

hehe. its ok mark. things are much better with a pinch of laughter around. by the way, what do you think about using a pic16f84? i think that would lessen the components i need to be using though i need to program the pic. and the problem is im not that really good in pic programming, just happen to know the basics of it.

Well then i guess we are on the same level. :) I only know how to program a BASIC Stamp. But i would suggest it. I have had that same one suggested to me. :)

I just mentioned the PIC, because, well nobody had yet, and its usually one of the first suggestions...

I haven't start on microcontrollers yet, someday perhaps when I come across a project that needs one. Yours, well I'm thinking you are looking to build several of these water dispensors, so it would save you time and money in the long run.

Personally, I think I'm going to start with something like an AVR microcontroller. I did okay with assembly when I programmed on the old computers, and want more than 32 opcodes (PIC). To me, I'd think it would be easier to program, at least have some options.

HarveyH42 said:
Personally, I think I'm going to start with something like an AVR microcontroller. I did okay with assembly when I programmed on the old computers, and want more than 32 opcodes (PIC). To me, I'd think it would be easier to program, at least have some options.

If you previously programmed with anything resembling AVR code?, then you will find it easier than a PIC (because you have a head start). If you're not familiar with AVR type code then the PIC is generally considered easier to learn (the much greater number of people who use PIC's can't be wrong!) - the small RISC instruction set is an advantage, not a disadvantage!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back