Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coffee vending machine body material concerns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unghar

Hi all.. I have recently developed a coffee vending machine. The machine is working fine. I want to make it as a product model. I am just thinking to order a metal case from the custom sheet metal fabricators Bayview metals. I would like to know that which metal is more good for a coffee vending machine? Or do I have to opt any other materials? Please do reply.

We don't even know which country you are in. Local Hygiene or Safety Regulations may dictate which materials you can use. Have you checked?
Welcome to ETO!

Machines usually have a stainless or plastic section where the cups are filled, and the rest of the machine plain mild steel, usually powder coated.

No, stainless steel is pretty well inert (hence the 'stainless' name), it's commonly used for kitchen and food equipment.
Nigel's suggestion of using stainless steel is a good idea, but you need to specify the correct type of stainless steel. Normal stainless steel is known as '60/40' or 'engineering stainless steel'. It is not bright stainless steel and looks a bit like ordinary mild steel, but it doesn't rust. It is not difficult to work, but not as good as mild steel. There are many types of stainless steel for a wide range of applications, including jet engine parts.

I can't remember what the stuff that is OK for food contact is called, but call it 'hygienic stainless' (HG).

HG is difficult to work and is brittle and tends to crack. Also any welds also need to be hygienic.

spec

hi,
Check out this link.
**broken link removed**
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back