Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coax rf to composite rca ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

I have searched and searched. I need an NTSC tv tuner to composite video device. Seems like they are not popular now but my application (in an RV) requires it. Anyone know of a clever way to too do this? I have no room for a VCR, but that is looking like my only choice. I did find a couple but at $400 US I can not afford that.

There are very small VCR's at Sams Club for $70.00. What's the problem?

Papabravo said:
There are very small VCR's at Sams Club for $70.00. What's the problem?

It is for an in-dash TV and there is no room. I will look at Sams. I thought about tring to get a VCR and hack it up, but figured I would check in here first. Maybe I can set it vertical in a cabinet, so that might work.

Does anyone know, if all the circuit to do the job (tv tuner to composite) is in the metal can the COAX connector is on? Maybe I can take and old VCR and scope and find power, GND, ohm out COAX connector to it, and find audio and video out?

Anything remotely modern will be I2C controlled, and the tuner/IF will be mounted on the main board - you would have to build all the surrounding circuitry and control systems.

If you can find a really old VCR, preferably with seperate tuning preset resistors, that would be a LOT easier to do, and the tuner/IF should all be on a seperate board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back