Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok since i paid for mines i assume its ok as long as i dont sell it heh.. no problem

Also thats only a user license so doesnt affect me said creator of hardware heh but i wont sell it then. No problem... I will though post how i did the clone when complete.

Last edited:
If you dig around you may find an older open source version that may not have these restrictions, also take a look at the SDK it might be less restrictive.

I mentioned the SDK as it might have usable examples that would allow you to develope your own s/w for your own h/w, or contain license free examples to use on your own h/w.

Atomsoft, if there's a patent involved and you're look for legal aproval? This is NOT a good site to be one if you know anything about Patent law. It does not matter what the idea is about, it's about weather or not it makes money.

Do unto others... That's a good mantra. A good question is would I mind if someone did this to me? Before I bought the Saleae I did alot of research and I noticed the chinese knock offs which (in my opinion) unethically linked backed to Saleae's website to download the software.

There is a tremendous amount of R&D into a product like this, I've worked for a software dev shop before, it's really expensive. I've been really happy with the purchase, software is fantastic (and it works on linux!) and I get the warm fuzzy of supporting a U.S. company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back