Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock using 74LS393 (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker_24

Anyone here knows how to make the schematic of "hours" in a 12-hour digital clock using 74LS393?

Coz we already hav a schematic of "hours" (12-hour clock) however, it is only functioning well in simulation,not in actual..

Kindyl take a look at this thread..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/12-hour-digital-clock-help.92727/

If anyone can help me to build a schematic of "hours" (12-hour clock),will appreciate it much..

Thanks lot!

striker_24

Anyone here knows how to make the schematic of "hours" in a 12-hour digital clock using 74LS393?

Coz we already hav a schematic of "hours" (12-hour clock) however, it is only functioning well in simulation,not in actual..

Kindyl take a look at this thread..

If anyone can help me to build a schematic of "hours" (12-hour clock),will appreciate it much..

Thanks lot!

striker_24

hi,
Why have you crossed linked your two threads, its annoying to keep switching back and forth.

Usually in a circuit that fails in real life versus a simulation, its due to gate propagation delays.

wat do u think is the possible problem buddy?

Do u hav any idea how to solve this problem? or how to change our schematic in "hours"?

thanks lot!

wat do u think is the possible problem buddy?

Do u hav any idea how to solve this problem? or how to change our schematic in "hours"?

thanks lot!

hi,
Ive looked a few times.!
If you pause the video about the reset time, you are clearing the hours but the mins/secs are still showing 59:59.
After the 59:59 clears to 00:00 the hours units is set to a '1'.

I would try a an R/C delay into the hours units reset line, make it reset until the 59:59 becomes 00:00.

how would i do this bud?

hi,
Looked again at the video.:)

I assume you want a 12 hour clock.??

So if you count to 12:59:59 isnt the next 1 second time 01:00:00 .?

The 12 hr clocks Ive used 11:59:59 > 00:00:00 both at midday and midnight, with an 'am/pm' indicator.

Unless I'm missing something.:)

ah..

however,00:00 as 12 o'clock is not valid for our project..it must be 12:00 during 12 o'clock..

anyway,thanks for ur rply bud..

ah..

however,00:00 as 12 o'clock is not valid for our project..it must be 12:00 during 12 o'clock..

anyway,thanks for ur rply bud..

hi,
But what I said about your display incrementing from 12:59:59 to 01:00:00 is still valid.

Thats what your clock is doing, what do you want to display after 12:59:59..?

we expect 01-00 after an hour after, 12mid night or 12 afternoon. How ever, I wonder whether the gates U17A and U17B are really needed and have a function? even the am/pm indicator not needed as one knows whether it is day or night, unless it has calender display with day of week & date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back